The process of porting a mobile number from one operator is other is same for all operator including Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, BSNL etc.It is even applicable to change your circle from one to another.
Please follow these steps to port your number-
- Type PORT <number> and send it to 1900. Example – PORT 8877665544.
- You will receive a unique porting code (UPC) on your number within few minutes, save this code anywhere or note it on paper.
- Visit the nearest retailer and share your porting code and mobile number.
- If you have Aadhar card number then you can complete the process using your Aadhar number and fingerprint. Otherwise please provide an address proof and password size photo to the retailer.
It takes maximum 1 week to complete porting process.Once network from your older SIM gets disappeared, insert new SIM on your mobile.If everything is fine then you can enjoy your new operator.
If you have any question regarding this topic, please free to ask using comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I lose my current account balance after porting?
Yes, your current account balance, data packs, SMS packs will be expired. Please consumes all your benefits before porting.
- How much time will It take to complete porting process?
It can take up to 7 days to complete porting.
- How will I get to know if porting process is completed?
If network from your existing SIM get disappeared then insert your new SIM in your mobile phone you will instantly get new operators network.
- How much I have to pay for porting?
Recipient operator can charge maximum Rs.4 for porting but usually, retailers also charge for FRC at the time of porting. If you don’t FRC then don’t pay for it.
- What to do if porting process is not completed even after 7 days?
If you are not getting the network in your new SIM even after 7 days, contact recipient operator and ask to register a complaint.